The 2009 Kentucky Hoop Fest once again lived up to the billing as one of the finest summer events in the nation. I would like to thank Eddie Ford and his staff for their time and dedication to the game.

The 17u Gold division was dominated by Team Takeover Canada. This team out-manned most of the competition throughout the tournament and they were able to close out the Shining Stars, 61-48 in the final. Kadeem Green (pictured) showed that he is an excellent prospect. Green should see his stock rise, after turning in multiple stellar outings, including posting 13 clutch points in the final. In my opinion Green was the tournaments M.O.P. Melvin Ejim is a bouncy forward with a strong frame and slightly rugged game. Maurice Walker is a 6'10 center that is exceptionally good with his back to the basket in one on one situations. The steady play of point guard Ashton Khan and combo guard Taevaunn Prince was also impressive.

Full Court Preps writer David Money was able to catch up with Kadeem Green.

F.C.P- Could you tell us what you have been working on as an individual so far this summer?

Green- I have been working on my jump shot, my post game, trying to gain weight, and my handles.

F.C.P.- Could you talk about how you did last season individually?

Green- Individually I did well. I got my name known. Coaches came out to watch me a lot and I played real good for the season.

F.C.P.- How did your high school team finish?

Green- We did well. We won the state championship.

F.C.P.- What colleges are showing interest at this point?

Green- Iowa State, George Washington, George Mason, VCU, Wake Forest, Oklahoma,

F.C.P.- Do you have any offers?

Green- Yeah from Iowa State, VCU, George Washington, and George Mason

F.C.P.- Do you plan on going on any visits soon?

Green- Yeah after the summer I am going to go on all 5 visits.

F.C.P.- Do you have a favorite or any time table for a decision?

Green- No, not at this time

Congratulations to Team Takeover 17u for winning the senior gold division of the 09' Kentucky Hoop Fest!

Coaches:

Mike George
Derek Boyce
Kenroy George
Dwayne Ramage

Roster:

Steven Ali
Kofi Ankoma
Peter Boatang
Jordan Clennon
Pat Donnelly
Melvin Ejim
Kadeem Green
Matthew Johnson
Ashton Khan
Jabbs Newby
Taevaunn Prince
Manny Sahota
Rohan Stephens
Maurice Walker