Michael Chandler is an ever improving 2011 prospect whose ability's were seldom seen last year at Lawrence North high (IN). Chandler was fellow Louisville commit Stephen Van Treese's back up last season. The 2010 season is full of promise for this young man and he seems ready to take on the challenge. On this day, Louisville head coach Rick Pitino and assistant Walter McCarty were both on hand to watch Chandler play.

Recently Full Court Preps writer David Money was able to catch up with the talented junior to be.

F.C.P.- What have you been working on?

Chandler- Getting bigger, playing defense and getting rebounds. I have really been putting in work on my defense though.

F.C.P.- Have you grown a little bit?

Chandler- I think that I have and people say that I have, but I honestly don't know.

F.C.P.- Have you been working out?

Chandler- Yeah I have been trying to get bigger, stronger, and faster. Things like that.

F.C.P.- Ideally where would you like to be physically?

Chandler- Right now I am about 230. I would like to be about a solid 250.

F.C.P.- Are you still firm in your commitment to Louisville?

Chandler- Oh yeah real firm. You know the facilities, the coach. Everything is right for me, so I am real firm.

F.C.P.- Does it make you feel good having the staff here watching you today?

Chandler- I try not to pay attention to that stuff. I just try to go out and help my team win.